Monday, October 27, 2008

Islands In The Stream. That Is What We Are.

Hey, friends. I hope your week is off to a good start. I am feeling like I am back in the land of the living. After the whirlwind stretch of high school reunion weekend going into the New England tour, I was down for the count. I spent most of the week last week staring into space and barely managing to put one foot in front of the other. By the time I started reemerging, it was time to hit the road again. Only this time, I got to have my bride with me. Ang and I (along with Seth and Nirva and Julie and her husband BJ) headed to Ridgecrest, NC last Friday to lead worship for the weekend. It was for one of LifeWay's Festival of Marriage events. This is a great event. If you have a spouse and have never been to one of these, you need to go. You can find info in the events section of LifeWay's website. Our speakers for the weekend were Dale and Jena Forehand. They are AWESOME. LISTEN TO ME: If you ever have the chance to sit under their marriage teaching, DO IT. And if possible, have them come to your church. They have an amazing testimony and are wonderful teachers. Check them out here.

This is us with them (and my mad timer shot skillz):



And our joy was made complete with the fact that our friends Boomama and Boodaddy came to Ridgecrest too. Cue: another fancy timer shot from lunch on Saturday:



We ate life-changing pizza and then went back to the conference center for a game of rummy that had all the frantic pacing of a three-legged race at a nursing home. But it was still fun. We sat by a big picture window and stared at the beautiful leaves while the autumn sun poured through the window and made us so happy. It was a beautiful NC day for the ages. I am so proud to be from NC.

Of course what social outing is complete without some 80's music? We belted out some 80's duets that would make you think it was Almost Paradise. HAHAHA...see what I did right there??

It was 80's synth and electric drum reverb heaven. Not to mention the fine harmony skillz of Ang, Boomama and Boodaddy. For real...they were rocking it.

I need to mention that as I am writing, I am also glued to the Titans-Colts game. And, to add to the adventure that is Monday at the Cottrell's house, sweet Lily Kate just threw up in her bed. My poor little princess. Not sure what caused it. I guess we will watch it play out tonight. But I can tell you that she managed to hit her bed, her sheets, 3 pillows, a night stand, the floor, the wall, and 3 Webkinz. She is a thorough chick.

Can you put a Webkinz in the wash? I guess I will find out.

I feel like now that I have the throw up washed off of me and her and everything else, the Titans are needing my full attention. They need to win, and keep us moving Up Where We Belong.

21 comments:

Big Mama said...

I was so sad to be away from my peeps this weekend. I felt like we were living Separate Lives.

Travis said...

Awwww. Don't Go Breaking My Heart.

Holly said...

I knew it! I knew it!

So glad you hear you played that funky music, white boy.

Hope sweet Lily Kate will just beat it and not shake you all night long. :)

calista said...

Sorry to hear about your 'Manic Monday' night. Poor girl, you need to give her a big bowl, and tell her to "Hit it With Her Best Shot." Get back to your 'Obsession' with the game. Looks like the Titan's are 'Back In The High Life Again'....that was fun!

hisfivefooter said...

I guess you're gonna have to face it, " You're addicted to love" with those silly Titans! For now, let's hope for a "Truly" better time for your princess, and not one that "takes your breath away". Glad that you got away with your wife for a good time, for a great time! (Just call: 867-5309)!

Melinda said...

Knowing Me (Knowing You) this game Will Survive until the Wheel in the Sky stops turning. :o)

Irene Weeks said...

wow, these comments are like..."how many 80's tunes can we use??" Anyway, we were at FOM last weekend. If I had known you would be there this past weekend, I would have come then! It is an incredible conference and our speakers were great too. Plus, Clay Crosse lead worship and I had never heard him (other than the radio.) ...and Ridgecrest is gorgeous. We live on the SC coast (Charleston) and everything stays green all year. We forgot that other places actually have colors and hills! (my legs were sore for 2 days from walking the Ridgecrest campus!) Well, I hope your sweet little girl is feeling better. About the webkinz, I'm sure it can be washed... have a great week!

mariel said...

I am still humming through the post title..let alone all the other 'clips'!! Here's to hoping Lily Kate AND the Webkinz made it ok through the night!

Sorry to have missed you at Ridgecrest...I was there a few weeks ago with my church's women's group. When I was there they had a 'Bear Alert'...hope you all didn't bump into any while there! Yikes!

Amanda said...

I can have a good day now knowing that you got to experience a life-changing pizza. Sounds like a fun conference!

jennyhope said...

I am kind of mad at you because I have been singing islands in the stream ALL MORNING and some bebe and cece old skool!! LOL

Kelly S. said...

What great pics! It Must Have Been Love. It also looked like you guys had great weather. Here in the mountains of ETN we were enjoying some much needed Smokey Mountain Rain....but I Love A Rainy Night.

I hope LK feels better soon. Good luck with that Dirty Laundry.

Anonymous said...

Travis, it was so great to meet you this past weekend. We enjoyed worship so, so much!! And we're looking forward to seeing you in Morristown in a few weeks!!

Candace Crabtree
www.hismercyisnew.com

Heidi said...

I fear the Colts are headed into the "Danger Zone". Sorry...as a disappointed Colts fan it's the best I can manage today. :)

Adam said...

oooo look at that big thing of candy on the table. hmmm candy.

Grace said...

Love the posts!

Just wanted to let you know that webkinz can, indeed be washed. Grace had the same thing happen about 3 weeks ago and two of her webkinz got splattered. Although I put them in the washer, I didn't put them in the dryer. Just let them air dry.

I really hope she feels better! I'm sure she will...ya just gotta have faith.

JayCee said...

I had to sing that song once (Islands in the Stream) at a wedding....I kid you not....wierd, I know! I changed some of the words....I had too!!! (It was back in the 80's - still can't believe it, after all these years.)

ncmama said...

Travis,

I hope Lily Kate is feeling better!

Since I've been unable to win your Christmas CD from Big, Boo, and Lifeway's AllAccess blog, I went out this weekend to our Christian bookstore and picked up Ring The Bells. I love it. Absolutely love it.

Thanks so much!

Rachel said...

We were there this past weekend and enjoyed the conference so much...especially the worship team!! Hey...I don't remember seeing a certain name on next year's schedule???

Cameron Magee said...

Wow. You've got to be "Working Day and Night" right now, but "Don't Stop 'Til you Get Enough" OK? Sorry to hear about Lily Kate, "Isn't she lovely"? Sounds like she really bounced that junk "Off the Wall". "You Might Think" that body might "Wanna Be Starting Something", but hopefully she can be a "Smooth Criminal" and "Whip It", the sickness, away. Just take a good look at the "Man in the Mirror", and remind yourself, that you're not an "Owner of a Lonely Heart". You've got a whole family behind you, over there in that Tennessee "Love Shack" of yours. Good to hear that your "PYT" will get to travel with you on your next trip, out to "Bang the Drum All Day". It sounds like your schedule is all "Signed Sealed, Delivered", booked all the way until Christmas. I wish that I could be there, at your next show, to "Rock With You". Just know that you, Travis Cottrell, "Rock My World". Have a good week, it sounds like it's going to be a real "Thriller"!

Darlene R. said...

I'll be singing these songs all week now, thank you very much. I sang "Islands In The Stream" all night, the night I read this!
You have some very clever commenters on here, except for me that is! :)

Anonymous said...

THE TITANS?!?!?!?!?!?