Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Deeper Still Atlanta

Hey, friends. I was going to sit down and write a blog this morning. And then I talked myself out of it...telling myself I didn't have much to say, and that I have too many sentences to put together already this week. I should save my brain cells for other things...like watching Everybody Loves Raymond reruns. Except I don't think that requires brain cells. Anyway...then I got a message from a friend in California, who simply said, "I am quite annoyed that you won't blog." Well, that was all fine and good. But what I realized is...I am quite annoyed that I won't blog, too. So, in order to not annoy my friends AND myself, I am blogging.

Enjoy these brain cells flying out into the world. I have so few left...I hate to see them go.

It is a busy very busy week. We are spending much of our time getting ready for Deeper Still Atlanta. My praise team and I are ACTUALLY REHEARSING. They are coming over on Wednesday to rehearse. I love it when they come over. They are a fun and funny group of peeps.

Speaking of Deeper Still, you need to go over to the LifeWay women's ministry blog and read a sweet post by my friend Paige. Paige is the director of women's events at LifeWay. She and I have been friends for more than 20 years. We met doing community theater when I was just a freshman in high school, and she was a freshman in college. We have been much like brother and sister ever since. Check out the picture she posted of us doing the musical Peter Pan in 1988. Ouch.

A also wrote a post for the Deeper Still blog that should be up sometime today. Check it out.

OK. That's enough about women's blogs. I feel the need to talk about football and Nascar now. Or at least talk about my mad Wii skillz.

I won't. Instead, I will post some pictures from our weekend. We were in Boone. My niece Jennifer got married. It was a beautiful wedding. And they had the most beautiful flower girl I have ever seen.



Angela and the boys at the rehearsal. Levi...smiling for another picture? Not so much.


This is my brother, David. My kids LOVE their Uncle David.


The fellas...


One last thing for today...my record label has been working on a surprise for you Deeper still peeps this weekend. There will be a "gift" from me in the bookstore. Look for it. Thumpety thump thump (it's not a "full revealing"...but it's a sneak peak).

OK...one other last thing...the band and I will be in concert this sunday night at First Baptist Cartersville. If you are in the Cartersville / Atlanta area, please come join us! We are singing a couple of songs in the a.m. service...and then a full concert at 6 p.m.

Who's coming to Deeper Still? See you there.

TC

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be there and looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so not fair! It's coming out this weekend? I wanted to be in Atlanta some kind of bad, but things just didn't work out. Hope you guys have a great and blessed weekend.

Deidre said...

Oh, I knew I shouldn't read any of your blogs this week!! I have 4 tickets to Deeper Still and now I can't go (do you hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth???). Seriously, I know this will be one awesome event and I'm so bummed I can't be there now. I can't seem to get rid of my tickets, so anyone interested?

I pray you all have a wonderful, spirit-filled weekend, Travis. I know it will be great!

Boone this weekend was beautiful, was it not? I love it there!

I agree - that flower girl is gorgeous :-)

Rachel said...

My mother and I are coming and meeting my best friend (who moved to SC a couple years ago) WE CAN'T WAIT!!!

Anonymous said...

You are right...most gorgeous flower girl.

Can't wait until Deeper Still this weekend. Tick Tock. Counting the minutes!

Anonymous said...

Love Everybody Loves Raymond, although I agree that many brain cells are not required. My husband always complains (loudly) when I put it on, but then he always ends up laughing, too. Such a poser. :-)

Jennie said...

I will be there with ladies from my church this weekend! I changed the day our family leaves for vacation so I wouldn't miss it!

Holly said...

Praying for your weekend.

You have such a beautiful/ handsome family! Give your beautiful wife a hug for me.

And that Lily Kate? I hope you know how to clean a gun to scare all the fellas away.

Anonymous said...

wow. I am impressed. I should complain more.

Fran said...

So wish I was going, but I have to watch some darling little boys play in some baseball world series tourneys! :)

But, have fun. This girl will be praying for everyone. Have a ball...

Anonymous said...

I came on this blog because I knew you would be writing in anticipation for tonight's WIPEOUT!!! I thought there was a party at your house....my hubby and I were on our way....we packed the car and leaving CA as soon as possible...lol! Unfortunatly our girlie has a swim meet and our son, age 5, was supposed to stay at his Aunt and Uncle's house till Friday, decided to barf and we have to go get our boy...sorry we can't make it.
Have a fabulous weekend, I guess I won't be in Atlanta either. Ü

Heather in CA

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! Thanks for the tip about the "gift" in the bookstore! See you there.
Carol in NC

Nancy said...

I will be there! Can't wait.
Blessings!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Can't wait until Friday and now to know there will be a surprise waiting for us in Atlanta is awesome. 5 ladies flying in from NC on Friday to Atlanta for a great weekend.

Janelle and Ella said...

I will see you on Friday!! Can not tell you how excited I am! Forgive me if I forget how to use words when I get to meet all you guys. :-)

connorcolesmom said...

Oh Lily Kate is so pretty and looks just like a princess!!

I can't wait for Friday!
I will be there with my mom - this is her first ever Women's conference :)
I will have to warn her about that Praise band leader guy and warn her that he likes to wear lots of hair product but that he loves Jesus so that is Ok not to mention he can really sing and all - hehe

I look forward to the new songs and of course the CD - when I read the words "surprise in the bookstore" I about jumped out of my seat!!
Can I just say my heart is just a THUMPING! hehe

Praying for you and the band this weekend!
Blessings
Kim

Anonymous said...

I'll be there. Can't wait

Alison I.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait until Atlanta! A bunch of us ladies from church had a blast in Jacksonville so we had to come to Atlanta too! My husband and I were in sunday school/choir with you at TRBC--It's great to see you doing so well!

Lisa said...

I am so there at Deeper Still this weekend! I am meeting my best friend from Eatonton, GA and some ladies from her church. Nothing like worshipping the Most High with your best friend!

twinkle said...

Atlanta...bright lights...big city...two rooms reserved at a brand new downtown hotel by Centennial Park, and five ladies in my family will be on our way! One from Manhattan, one from Nashville, two from Warner Robins and me from Dublin. We are so ready to sit in that arena with all our siestas and all our brave miestas. Travis, thanks for the exciting surprise waiting on us at the bookstore! And the pictures of your family are gorgeous. Love Angela's dress. So cute! Wish I could be there to hear all of you rehearse~~~

Three Fold Cord said...

You will be right around the corner, actually down the 85south street from me. I so wish I could be there. We will be in Boone. ISn't that weird?? My Gram goes there every summer(Banner Elk) and we are celebrating her 90th! Will be thinking of you guys. I know the Lord will show up and show off!

sweethomealagirl said...

Me! Me! Me! I am so excited...I missed the one in September; something about giving birth and being 7 hours away and all ;)

All three of those precious kiddos are beautiful!

AbbyLane said...

once again we were in north carolina the same weekend...we need to set up a carpool schedule.

i got my parents addicted to Everybody Loves Raymond. they have yet to eat dinner without it now. :)

Anonymous said...

My sister-in-love and I are going to be there...my sweet husband bought us both tickets for Christmas...so I am flying down from Indianapolis and she is driving up from Valdosta and we will be in Atlanta:) Can hardly wait!

Sheila Lackey said...

I will be there along with 35 of my friends from Alabama!!!!

Vagabond said...

I'm so excited about Deeper Still this weekend. Some friends of mine and I are driving down for it. Can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do.

Anonymous said...

I had a ticket to come and now I can't because I will be at my church, Cartersville First Baptist, preparing everything for you, Travis!!! We are so thrilled to host you and your team, you just have no idea. If anyone needs a ticket to come, you can go to our church website, cartersvillefirst.com and get them!! There are some ladies from church coming to Atlanta this weekend. I know you all will have a blast. I will see you on Sunday! Can't Wait!!!