I just grabbed my computer as quickly as I could, and headed to the back porch. I had a wave of "I think I could blog right now" come over me. So I thought I'd better strike while the blogging iron is lukewarm. I don't have anything in particular to write about today. But I have some random randomness to get out of my brain.
- To say that I'm happy that fall is practically here is an understatement. Just looking at the word SEPTEMBER on the calendar on the fridge makes me want to jump or something.
- Week 3 of the NFL season this week. I have not had to sing the last two Sundays, and I am off this Sunday too. Yee ha for being able to couch potato it with my family on Sunday afternoons. I am in a fantasy football league for the first time this year. I'm trying not to obsess over it too much. Me? Obsess? NEVER.
- Speaking of obsessing, I was completely ready to obsess over the new show, GLEE. But doggone it if it didn't jump the shark in inappropriateness the very first episode this season. Seriously. I cannot imagine it being more vulgar or godless than it is. I'm so sad. The music is SO GOOD. I could have given myself to this show with complete loyalty if they would have kept it even PG-13 clean. But the vulgarity has made it impossible to embrace. They missed a great chance to make a fun show that so many people would resonate with. Dang it.
- Happiness: the new espnradio.com iPhone app. After losing our espnradio station here in Nashville, my carpool hour in the morning was sad without Mike and Mike in the Morning. Thanks to the new app, they're back.
- I love Shaun's new website / blog design. It makes me want a user-friendly and esthetically pleasing one just like it. I think it would totally make sense to spend lots of money on a blog design for my 2 blog entries a month. Don't you?? :-)
- Age-old question...not looking for an actual answer, just throwing it out there: why is there homework in elementary school? Is 7 hours of my child's time a day not enough? It is definitely one of the biggest down-sides of not home-schooling. Sigh.
They will be home in two hours, and the homework wrestling match will begin.
WAIT A MINUTE! IT'S FRIDAY! Woo hoo! I...er, I mean THEY won't have homework!
- Happiness: no homework on Fridays.
- I'm already thinking about my Christmas tour with Shaun, Cindy and Compassion. Can't wait. I am resisting the urge to listen to Christmas music right now. I always make myself wait until Thanksgiving week. But I'm feeling weak this year. Somebody tell me to NOT DO IT. I need someone to tell me to NOT DO IT.
If your church would like to host the tour, I think there are a couple of spots still available. Give us a shout at email@example.com if you are interested.
- Have you tried the espresso roast coffee at Starbucks?
- Happiness: the espresso roast coffee at Starbucks.
- I LOVE my job. Love it so much. But I am very excited and grateful to be home this weekend with nothing to do but be with my family. We have a homecoming parade, a football game, a birthday party taxi cab to run, a volcano to build, and a lunch date with friends after church. I might even pull a weed or two.