Saturday, April 7, 2007

Happy Ice-ster

Hope your Easter weekend is awesome and God-filled, even if it is cold!

We have had a great weekend. Yesterday, we had Jack's 10 year birthday party. Pirates were in abundance.





I have to say, my wife can throw one heck of a party. She had so many great things for the kids. They made pirate head-dresses and had a killer scavenger hunt. The scavenger hunt brought Angela to a melt-down point though, when she realized right when the kids were arriving that the clues for the hunt were all one location off from the correct location. But after some quick work (and some inetnse scavenger hunt prayer), everything was fixed and the hunt was awesome.

Today our church had their annual huge easter egg hunt - The Easter Eggstravaganza. It was fun. But it was COLD. COLD. COLD. The kids had a blast. And the parents walked around in a windchiller factor daze, looking at each other like, "What are we doing here?" But the kids loved it, and spent the rest of the day in a sugar coma.


2 comments:

sooz said...

Cool Pirates! Major kudos to Angela and Happy Birthday wishes to Jack! We've seen a pirate or two at our house in the past few years. There's something super cool about being able to run around the house yelling "Avast, me hardies" while waving a dangerous-looking weapon around! When my son turned 10, we had a Mad Science party. We made corks shoot out of plastic bottles, electroplated pennies and...hmmm...I can't remember the other thing. As our boys get older, it gets more challenging to come up with (as my now 13-year-old says) uber-cool party ideas. I thought I'd share one that was a hit at our house.

Not to rub it in, but it was about 75° at our Easter Eggstravaganza yesterday. Yummy! OK. Maybe I'm rubbing it in a little bit!

Amanda said...

So now I know who to call when I need birthday party ideas and corresponding crisis solutions.