Hey, friends. Hope you are doing well today. I just got home from Estes Park, CO, and am heading to Bentonville, AR in the morning for a women's conference and a Sunday morning church concert. I am not used to such a quick turnaround. But it has been a fun few hours at home. We spent most of the night at the football field. Jack started football this week. He LOVES it. And the other two love going to the practices...and walking around, playing, and thinking they own the place.
Here are some random things I have been wanting to write about...
1. Where did all the diving boards go? I miss having diving boards at swimming pools. I know that it is because of insurance and safety reasons that most public pools don't have them anymore. When I was a kid, our local pool (in BOONE, NC) had a separate deep pool (11 ft.), with 3 diving boards - low, medium and high. It was awesome. And I feel sure the world is missing my amazing cannonball.
2. Levi has been saying the sweetest thing. We have often talked about the girls having "girl time" when mom and Lily Kate go off somewhere together, and us having "boy time" when the two boys and I go somewhere. Well, Levi calls it "boyish time." Makes me grin every time I hear him say it. Boyish time. Too much.
3. Does anybody remember Astro Pops? They are cone-shaped suckers on a stick...three colors (green, red and yellow), with a small rim of wax on the bottom. If anybody sees them somewhere, please let me know. I can't find them anymore. I used to be able to find them at random Cracker Barrels, but not so much anymore.
4. This is crazy...but...Lily Kate's birthday party falls on the night of the premiere of "High School Musical 2" on the Disney Channel. So, we are getting cable for 1 month, just so she and her friends can watch it for her birthday. The things we do for love.
5. Angela came into the room a minute ago to tell me she had, indeed made an appearance in the pictures on the last post. She is in the background of the one of the bride and groom. Click on it and you will see her. She has given this picture of her her blessing. You know, being that it's 20 feet away and blurry. : >)
6. I know fast food is bad for you. But I gotta say that I am currently a big fan of the Hardees thickburger. Try it out. it will be ministry to you. I want one RIGHT NOW.
7. One of my very best friends in the whole world is Denver Bierman. We have been friends for years. You may know him because of his awesome band - Denver and the Mile High Orchestra. Check them out. They are crazy good. Denver sometimes (rarely) comes out and sings on my praise team. It doesn't happen often, because he is usually busy with his band. Well, he is going to be on my team in Arkansas this weekend, and I am so glad. I can't wait to hang out and worship Jesus with my buddy.
7. Last random thing to tell you today...my record, "Found" was number 1 on the inspo charts last week! It is the 2nd time it has been number 1 on that chart. I know that doesn't really mean anything, but it great encouragement to us. Thanks to all of you who have bought it. I am so grateful to serve Jesus in this generation with all of you!
Have a great weekend...