Monday, March 26, 2007

Living Proof Live Bossier City



What a great time we had in Louisiana this weekend. Good grief, what a great and encouraging teaching from the Word. THUS FAR THE LORD HAS HELPED US.

I walked away with so much from the teaching. One of the biggest words for me was that we are not always guaranteed that the brook the Lord leads us to will not run dry; but He will always lead us to the provision we need.

What was the biggest lesson you walked away with?

Another thing for me: I have always loved the hymn "Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing," but I love it even more now. I will never sing it the same again, now that I know to look back at the stones of remembrance in my life, reminding me of how the Lord has always been my help.

Some of you have asked about the songs we sang - check out the journal page of our website - www.traviscottrell.com - for a list of songs we sang, and what CD they are on.

A special thanks to Rich Kalonick for the LPL video on youtube.

Blessings!

TC

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travis, I enjoyed you and your praise team so very much. I have listened to In Christ Alone about 100 times. Favorite line "I am His and He is Mine" Praise the Lord. There is a song you sang solo on Sat. The word scrolling on the screen was Exalt. What is that song and where can I find it? ou have an amazing voice and so many are blessed by it and how you serve the Lord through your music. I married into an evangelical family and my brother-in-law is not only a pastor but an amazing writer. He was nominated for song writer of the year for Southern Gospel Music news. I am so jealous that they all can sing. Unfortunately my voice is only joyful to the Lord. Thanks again for such a blessing this weekend. Please let me know what the name of that song is.
Michelle
Bossier

Anonymous said...

Trav, Trav, Trav...

Just wanted you to know that I found your blog!

:)

Dori

Anonymous said...

P.S. Oh my heavens!! I love THE INCREDIBLES picture! We just watched it again last night.

Dori

Travis said...

Thanks, Michelle, for the kind words!

The song you are asking about is called "Forevermore," and is on the cd titled "Found."

Have a great week!

Travis said...

Hey, Dori!

Good to see you here!

We loved having our Incredibles t-shirts at Disney. We could keep up with our kids that way!

I have more fun pictures I will post later. See you Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Travis,
I was there this past weekend, in Bossier City. It was such an awesome experience. I have done a couple of Beth Moore's bible studies, but this was my first time to experience her live. She is extraordinary!
You are definitely blessed and blessing people yourself. The praise and worship leader at our church just loves your music and we are learning several of your songs (versions of songs) this spring. I enjoy your songs and voice myself, but I had not realized just how awesome of a voice God blessed you with until this weekend. When you sang by yourself---it was great!!
Also, I just LOVED when the instruments dropped out and all you heard were the voices of 14,000 people being lifted up to Heaven!

One thing I took away from the conference was "Thus far, my God has helped me." It seems I was getting bogged down in all the circumstances of my life the past well probably 13 years. I was failing to realize that problems and hard times or not--"Thus far", God has always taken care of me.

Thanks for helping make this weekend such a great one! I love music and it really speaks to me and moves me--I could use an entire weekend of singing worship to God!!!

God bless.
Dawn