Thursday, March 22, 2007

Blog Dreamin'

OK, so I missed two of the three people in the bottom three on American Idol last night. But I still get points for predicting Stephanie would be voted off, right? She should have stayed. But this is American Idol. Not a singing competition. A voting competition.

This is only day 3 of the life of my little blog. But I am already loving it, and becoming semi-obsessed. Don't worry - I am still loving my wife, playing with my kids, and getting work done. I am just not eating or sleeping.

I woke up this morning dreaming about what I wanted to blog about. Is this normal for a blogger? Should I chill out? Anyway, I thought of some really fun things to write about in the next few days.

Today is going to be a great day. The weather is going to be perfect again. it is almost warm enough to sit out on the porch, even at 7:45am. Love it. I have to get a haircut, run and sing a quick session in the studio, and then get ready to leave for this weekend's Living Proof conference in Bossier City, LA. The praise team and I are taking a bus. So we are leaving at midnight tonight. Sometimes we do that, if the flights are expensive to where we are going. Renting a bus for the 9 of us can sometimes be more economical than flying 9 of us.

I am so excited about the teaching this weekend. Beth called yesterday to give me a head's up on what she is teaching. I won't tell it here, but I will tell you that it is something I have never heard her teach on before. And I can't wait. I pray that the Lord will move powerfully in His Word to us.

Pray for the people coming to the conference. Pray that the Holy Spirit will even now begin to make their hearts tender to the Word about to come their way.

My kids are waking up right now. I just heard Jack jump in the shower. And I hear Levi's little feet pitter pattering upstairs, looking for a sibling who's awake. Lily Kate will wake up at the crack of noon. You gotta love spring break.

TC

5 comments:

Lisa Bevill said...

Hey...you've got the same blogger as me!!! Well, just wanted to stop by and say hello, so you'd have someone to talk to.. like you need to talk to me anymore. GOSH.. I can't believe you're 37!!!! What in the world!!!

Ha..just kidding. alright...i'm off to get my tires balanced, rotated and all that at Sears!...gee.. I guess I'll have to go to the Bellevue Mall and see what other stores have closed while I wait... happy, happy, joy, joy!!!

love ya, lisa b.

Amanda said...

Loving the blog, TC!

momoftlc said...

HOW FUN!! How long have you been running? Didn't know you were doing that! Good for you! Rae will be proud, as I am--but more--are you CRAZY?? Just kidding!

LORD! I can hardly WALK these days and my rump is a spreadin' like WILDFIRE! I guess the walking would do me good!! Running would cause a small earthquake, so I'll tread lightly just now...

ENJOY spring break and smooch the babies for me--give Angela a big squeeze for me, too.

AS FOR IDOL!!! What is up with the men this season? I wonder if it is some kind of social experiment or something.

I am pulling for Melinda--is that her name?

Who do you think will win the whole thing, Trav.

Love you all!!

Laurie A

Anonymous said...

Dear Travis,
You are the first blog I've ever read. We discovered you at the Living Proof Conference in the Seattle area this winter. I love your music and love the ministry that Beth has. She is so real and in love with the Lord. As I sit here I'm envious of your beautiful weather. I'm looking at a cloud covered Mt. Rainer. But I enjoyed a fun filled, sunny day of skiing this week with my 2 boys.
May God do a mighty work this weekend in LA. I'll be praying for you and for Beth.
What is she talking about?
MB, Enumclaw, WA

sooz said...

Hey, Travis. We met when you came to my church, Stine Road Baptist Church in Bakersfield, a couple of years ago. I'm the one who got stuck on the Freefall ride at Magic Mountain with 4 Jr. High Girls! I thought I could keep them calm by singing a song, but the only song that came to mind was, no joke, "We Fall Down." Anyone who doesn't think God has a sense of humor is missing out!

The next day I sang "Willing," a song YOU WROTE while you were standing right next to me. No pressure! I don't think I looked at you once the whole night, I was so nervous! You were gracious, though. Thanks for that!

I am praying for you and the rest of the team as you minister in Louisiana. You all blessed me at Deeper Still in San Francisco more than you'll ever know.

Keep up the great "wok!" Sorry, but I just LOVE type-o's (check your paragraph #2).