Hey, friends. I hope you all are doing well. All is well in the Cottrell household. Mommy's happy. Daddy's happy. 2 kids are happy at music camp this week. 1 kid is happy at middle school camp this week. I'm in Nashville for a couple of days, finishing up an Easter choir musical, and leading worship for a Media Directors gathering. (Side note: I found it very funny that I used Powerpoint for my worship words at the Media Directors' conference. Here comes tech-savvy Travis with his Powerpoint. HAHA. Just a nerdy worship ministry fun fact for anyone who cares.)
I have some dates swirling around in my head that I want to bring to your attention here, in case we may be coming to your area. I have so been in church mode that these dates have slipped up on me, and I haven't mentioned them here yet.
1. THIS WEEKEND! The team and I will be at Crosspointe Baptist Church in Millington, TN on Saturday night, and Whitesburg Baptist Church in Huntsville, AL on Sunday night. Both of these nights are rescheduled from the Nashville flood weekend a few months back. We are super excited about being at both of these great churches. I hope you can join us.
FYI - For all of my Englewood family, I will still be at church this Sunday morning. Pastor Ben is finishing up his series on Healing. I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUNDAY.
2. The next 2 Sundays after this week, we will be going back to 2 great churches where we've been before. August 1, the team and I will be at Westside Baptist in Jacksonville, FL. And on Sunday night, August 8, we will be at Tillman's Corner in Mobile, AL. WIll we see any of you Florida or Alabama peeps?
3. We have a Living Proof Live in Lexington August 13-14. Lexington is a great city, and is close to so many places. All you KY, TN, NC, WVA, VA, and OH peeps need to come!
4. That same weekend, we are having an event at my church called We Will Remember: A Worship Celebration. It's on August 15, at 3:30 and 7pm. It's the first worship event for me at my new church home. I would capitalize this whole sentence, but THAT WOULD BE OBNOXIOUS. Needless to say, I'm pumped. If you are close by, come worship with us! Call the church for (free) ticket info.
5. We are booking 4 Christmas concerts this year. If your church is interested in having the team and I join your choir for a Christmas Night of Worship, give Kimberly a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
That's all I got for now. Time to get this day going. I hope it's a great day for you. Here's a good word for your day.
LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Psalm 16: 5-11