Hey, friends. I'm sitting in a rocking chair in the Charlotte airport. "Why aren't you efficiently boarding your flight, Travis?" you may ask. Well, all I can tell you is that I want to speak a blessing over the lovely understaffed US Airways folks here at this very busy holiday airport. Apparently making sure I make it to PA to be sufficiently showered, ironed and with a warmed-up voice was not on the Homeland Security checklist this morning in Charlotte. Fine. I can dig it.
Translation: I missed my flight. Hopping on a later one.
But all is not lost. This is starting to look like a blessing in disguise. A special thanks to the nice Charlotte airport for getting all Cracker Barrel on us and providing some down-home chillaxin while I wait 4 1/2 hours for my flight.
Live music, too!
And I knew that God was totally in on it when I turned around and saw this right behind my Cracker Barrel chair:
God always provides the power we need.
OK. So I am going to work a little while I sit and listen and watch and chill. But first, some random things I need to share:
1. I left out a funny tidbit about my shirt and tie adventure at the Crystal Cathedral weekend. When I was at Wal-Mart (at 1am, by way of a cab), the lady that was ringing up my order asked to see my I.D. Looking at it, she said,"Woah! You look a lot younger here."
Thank you. Thank you very much.
2. Last night, I had a concert at Mt. Vernon Baptist Church in Boone, NC (we had a great time, by the way. Thanks, Boone friends!). I had a time in the concert where I began to share about Compassion International (we had 26 kids sponsored). I made a comment something to the effect of how odd it is that these kids are in such poverty, while we have no trouble plopping down 4 bucks for a stinkin' cup of Starbucks coffee (and let me tell you, I include myself in that. I'm holding one as we speak). Anyway, note to self: be mindful of who might be in your audience, like a coffee lover, or maybe a very sensitive consumer, or...I don't know...maybe the SOUTHEAST REGIONAL MANAGER OF STARBUCKS.
Thank you, and Merry Christmas.
3. I'm still waiting on Cindy or Shaun to have an off night vocally on this tour. So far, no wrong notes. Zero bad notes out of about 4,000,000. Those cats can sing. I LOVE to sing with them.
4. Angela is packing up the kids and all of Christmas, and driving to meet me on our last night of the tour in Kingsport, TN on Sunday. My wife is Wonder Woman. She has not just held the fort down while I've been on this Christmas tour; she has built the fort, decorated the fort, furnished the fort, BEEN the fort. My baby is amazing.
5. I have a new addiction: Pathwords. It's a game on facebook. I can't stop.
6. I have an incessant need to constantly talk trash. I don't know why. Even when I have nothing at stake. I will open my mouth and start throwing down trash talk just to start obnoxious conversation with people.
7. Although I am behind Bigmama's Pathwords score, I am totally beating Boomama and Boodaddy.
8. The piano player here in the airport is playing "O Christmas Tree" right this second. And Ooo! Verse two is in minor. It's a scary tree.
Actually, he is doing a nice job, and his playing is making it very festive. Except that he just stopped in the middle of the song to answer his cell phone.
Happy weekend to you...