Hey! I hope everyone is having a great Christmas. I am sitting here watching on of my top 5 movies ever...and I thought I would take this quiet moment to say hello. My dad is on the couch over to my left. the kids are in the basement playing their new Wii (this game could be bad for me...I have a very addictive personality...and I am feling the draw to go play the bowling game even as I type). Angela is running around all over the house...wrapping a little, picking up a little, cooking a lot. Fear not...I am not leaving all of that to her. I am just taking a few moments to chill.
OK...I hate to even say this because I know the reaction I am setting myself up for. But, as I prepare to list my favorite Christmas movies, I must make a confession. I have never seen a black and white movie in its entirety. Well, that's a lie...I saw one ("Stranger On A Train"). I saw part of "It's a Wonderful Life" about 10 years ago. And of course I have seen "The Wizard Of Oz" a thousand times, but only part of it is black and white. That's it. I have not seen any of the Christmas classics. Truthfully, U haven't seen some of the current Christmas movies either. I never saw any of those Tim Allen Santa Clause movies. I have not seen either of the "Miracle On 34th Street" versions - new or old.
There. I've confessed my Christmas cinema depravity. Now that that's over, I will tell you my favorites (in no particular order). And be forewarned...this is an uneventful, unoriginal list. I am not breaking any rules or originality records here...
1. A Charlie Brown Christmas
2. Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the original AND the Jim Carrey one)
3. Elf - I am currently watching on TBS...I can't tell you how much I love this movie. Will Farrell is beyond funny.
4. Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer
5. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
6. While You Were Sleeping - Angela says this counts as a Christmas movie...so I'm counting it.
7. Does "Die Hard" count?
8. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation