Hey, friends. Long time no blog. I hope you are well. I have stepped away from writing ANYTHING except for the book, for which I have been feverishly writing every spare moment. I have missed you guys! But I have really needed to duck away and be faithful to this project and see it through. I even deleted Twitter and Facebook from my phone for a time...which has not had any affect on me whatsoever (twitch, twitch, headbob, twitch, eyetwitch, eyetwitch, headspin, kneeraise, flailing arms, twitch).
Our first Easter at Englewood was amazing. We had great crowds ready to worship. The choir was on stun. And Pastor Ben was helping Jesus show out. It was a great weekend. A couple of pics...
Happy Swollen Pollen Faces Easter!
You can't imagine the drama that ensued just before this picture. Or maybe you can.
I will pose for this picture as long as we don't have to touch. Ew. Brothers!
We celebrated the dawning of a new day in the Cottrell household. We have a teenager in the house. Good thing we started having children when we were 12.
OK. All I can say about this is that this is a first. Someone with the lat name Cottrell won the Science Fair. Go figure.
Other notes of interest...that aren't very interesting:
- We found a house to rent in Jackson, which puts us in Relief Central. We were sweating it out, since we move in just a little over a month (gulp). We decided to rent for a while, until we can figure out the where's and what's and what not's.
- Our house is on the market. We have sold 3 houses in our marriage. The longest it took for any of our houses to sell was 14 days. Our house this time has been on the market for 14 days. How many people have looked at it, you ask? ZERO. So some prayers for that would be much appreciated. But let me say that WE TRUST GOD. He has been too faithful for us to think He would leave us stranded at this point. He's batting a thousand through the history of time. So that's a pretty good track record on which to rest. Still, we are thankful for prayers.
- Living Proof Live Tampa is this weekend. Yessssssss. Have I mentioned how much I love my job??? :-) Can't wait. Already asking God for a big fat Word for my family and me this weekend. My new teenager Jack is coming with me this weekend. It's a special happy birthday trip. I'm praying for God to open that boy's mind up to God's vastness and greatness. I can't wait to watch his destiny unfold as he continues to learn more about Jesus.
- The team and I are staying over and leading worship at Calvary Baptist in Clearwater, FL on Sunday morning. I love this church. I sang there last year and had such a great time. Their worship pastor, Greg Toney is a great guy and great worship pastor. We are pumped to be there this Sunday. If you are in the area, come join us.
- I loved reading your reactions to my list of 25 Random Things About Me. Yes. I'm a weirdo. Thanks for your confirmation on that. Really, thanks.
I feel the need to answer one question. But not because I'm OCD or anything. Concerning #19: Yes. Black socks are a problem. I don't know what to do. I would tell you that I tried to label them with white-out, but that would be too embarrassing to tell. So I won't tell you that I tried to label them with white-out. I won't tell you that.
I love Wednesdays. Wednesdays mean a lot things to me. What Wednesday means to me this week is that in two days, I get to lead worship. I love it so much.
Happy Wednesday to you!