Friday, December 4, 2009

Ornament Of The Day #1

Angela and I love Christmas. We are one of the obnoxious ones whose Christmas tree is up by Thanksgiving every year. My wife is very gifted at decorating a Christmas tree. She uses a lot of lights. I have always told her that they could see our tree from the space station. (HAHA...just kidding, baby.)

So, Angela had an idea to blog an Ornament Of The Day every day of December. Well, it's now December 5th...I wasn't so much on top of things to get started on the 1st. But here we go. Better late than never.

We are pretty emotionally attached to every ornament on the tree. Sentimental are we. We don't have expensive ornaments. Just special ones. Lots of construction paper, glue and Kodak paper are represented on our tree. And lots of ones that have been with us forever.

Today's is a no-brainer. It is special for obvious reasons.



Sixteen Christmases with the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes on. That's why I love that ornament.

10 comments:

The Wootens said...

So sweet! Maybe I can take some comfort in enjoying someone else's sentimental ornaments.

We moved into a new house this year, and ALL of our Christmas Decorations (yes, every single one of our ornaments...the "Baby's First Christmas" ones, the one with a little time capsule and scroll from "our first Christmas Together", the ones hand-made by my kids, the ones students gave me ages ago when I taught elementary school) were, um, "lost" in the move! My tree with Hobby Lobby red balls on it is pretty this year, but IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME! Ugh!

Adam Yates said...

We have one almost just like yours, but ours are foxes...I'm assuming yours is a Hallmark as well?

Terrie and Carley said...

I may have to "borrow" your idea of ornament of the day.

Tiffani said...

Ours is the same...lots of special ornaments that tell us a story each time we unpack and hang them on the tree!!

We get an ornament in every place we visit so, it's always so fun to remember where we were when we got that particular ornament!!

Can't wait to get ours up this week...longest I've ever had to wait to get put ours up!!

Lindsey said...

how sweet! I love sentimental ornaments!

Unknown said...

So will we, at some point, see the gorgeous tree that Angela has manufactured. I love ornaments too but I would like to see a pic of the finished product too!

jennyhope said...

Travis did y'all get married when you were 15? There is no way you could have that many Christmases together!! Y'all don't look it.

Deirdre said...

I don't think having the tree up by Thanksgiving day is obnoxious. What else are you supposed to do while the turkey cooks?

ncgator said...

Glad you are back to blogging! We have the same "1st Christmas Together" ornament! : )
Carol in NC

Jenna Buck said...

This is a great poost